Family Behaviors that Enhance or Inhibit Wealth Creation: What to Look for, What to Look Out for
We have all heard the dismal statistics on family business/wealth longevity. Here is a practical summary of “best practices” for families to thrive…
In this engaging session, internationally known family business/ wealth consultant John Messervey will share perspectives on behaviors that enhance or inhibit family wealth creation and continuity. Special emphasis will be placed upon family leader- ship, next generation development, fostering entrepreneurial initiatives, family governance and long-term wealth continuity strategies. Drawing from almost 400 high wealth family consultations over thirty years, our presenter will share the best practices of high performing families.
This session will explore:
- Why family behaviors are the most significant limitation to wealth creation and continuity
- Specific examples of family behaviors that can be resolved quickly
- Resolving common and often inevitable family disagreements
- Building alignment among owners, managers, family and non-family
- Focusing on long term family harmony and business growth
- Best practices: what can learn from America’s leading family businesses
John Messervey is an organization behavior consultant who counsels high wealth families throughout the United States and overseas. Among the earliest family business/wealth consultants, Mr. Messervey serves as President and Private Family Advisor of the National Family Business Council, a private consulting group and resource center in Lake Forest, Illinois.